Monday, December 19, 2011

a christmasy weekend

It feels so good to be done with all of our Christmas shopping. It means that we I get to enjoy the season! No rushing to stores to pick up something for someone. I hope that after all these years, I've finally convinced Rob that that is why I want to get shopping done right away.

So because we are free from Holiday stress, on Saturday, we headed downtown Minneapolis for the Holidazzle Parade. The girls were really excited because they are "in to" parades now and were really anxious to see Santa again (Little Pie was excited because I said we would only be able to wave at Santa). 

First we had a quick dinner at Noodles. Little Pie was feeling especially snuggly and wrapped her arms around Rob and asked me to take their picture.

The girls talked the entire way downtown, asking a million questions and making a million observations. It was a perfect night because it wasn't cold, a mild 35 degrees. We didn't get the greatest spot, but the girls were ready for the action and did their best to wait patiently for the parade to start.

Little Bird had a hard time understanding that I needed to rest and couldn't hold her for so long (knowing I would have to lift her up to see the parade when it started). I kept having to pick her up and put her down and trying to hold an almost 30 pound girl dressed in slippery snowpants was quite a challenge.

Rob saw me struggling and thought he could hold both girls.






Ha! That lasted the time it took to take the picture!

But once the parade started the girls had so much fun seeing what was coming down the street. Little Bird and I got separated a little bit from Rob and Little Pie but I could here her yelling to me, "I see ____ Mommy!!" about every float that came by.
In the car on the way home the girls were talking about wanting to see the parade again.
LB: I want to see the parade!
Me: It was fun, wasn't it? Should we come back next year?
LB: I want to come back when I'm 18.
Rob (laughing hysterically): When will that be?
LB: In 7 minutes!   
On Sunday, the girls got dressed in their Christmas outfits because it was their turn to sing with their Sunday school class during church. They were both pretty excited, but Little Pie was concerned that she needed to practice first.

We sat at the end of the pew, hoping to see them walk down the aisle to the front. They both saw us and put on beaming proud faces. I didn't realize that it would be OK to take video/pictures so I didn't bring my camera, but I did sneak up front with some other parents and took a video with my phone. The girls stood by BFF so her mama sent me a picture that she took from the other side. The girls had fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment