Wednesday, September 29, 2010

a problem with naps

Today the girls had a lunch date with Mr. H and Ms. M. We went to their house to play for a little bit and then we had some grilled cheese sandwiches, grapes, pretzels and cookies. Of course Little Bird didn't want to eat and Little Pie was trying to escape from her chair, but we managed to have a good time. The kids sure liked making each other laugh and copying each others' silliness.

The cuties getting ready to eat lunch.
Ms. M and Mr. H
I had asked Little Bird to put her milk down so I could take a picture, instead Little Pie picked hers up to take a drink.

The girls were really tired and starting to get crabby so it was time to go home. We headed upstairs for a nap and as has been the case recently, the girls started playing and talking and gabbing and laughing at each other instead of falling asleep right away. Sometimes it can take up to an hour before they fall asleep. However, after two hours of playing in their cribs (yes, I was that determined to get them to sleep), I finally went in to get them up. 

Can't you just hear the LOUD noises coming from her mouth???
Ha ha! I didn't nap!!
What was most hysterical about this was that after I got them up, they both wanted to go back in their cribs. Huh??? It's going to be an EARLY bed time tonight.

While it's annoying for me not to have any time to relax (who can relax when there are so many screeches and hollers going on), it's so hard to deal with two crabby girls for the rest of the day. I just don't understand these days when they don't nap. They are seriously tired, so why don't they sleep???? I hope this isn't a sign that they are not going to be regular nappers any more. I think I will pull my hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment