We had an amazing time in Arizona last week. It was a terrific vacation...just what we all needed. Everyone was amazed at how well the girls did with so many new experiences. It actually felt like a vacation this year!
The girls never took a nap which isn't any different than at home, but since we were so busy and going to bed late, I thought they would at least doze in the car. No luck. Despite the little sleep, there were very few meltdowns and they cooperated so well. We were very pleased with their behavior throughout the whole trip.
The girls did amazingly well on the flights. Getting checked in and through security is quite a challenge, but this year we used two cheap umbrella strollers with the attachments instead of our double one and it was the best idea we (I) had! We had time for lunch before our flight so the girls ate McDonald's for the first time. Little Bird quite enjoyed it but Little Pie could have done without it.
The girls were so excited to get on the airplane, especially Little Bird. She could hardly contain her excitement about all of the new things we were doing. On the flight down, Little Bird and I sat together with Little Pie and Daddy behind us. Little Pie was a little scared when we first boarded, but thankfully we took off fairly quickly and she adjusted well. She fell asleep and had a little nap to get her through the rest of the day. The girls spent the 3 hours coloring, reading, eating snacks, drinking out of airplane cups and eventually watching Sesame Street on our phones. I don't think Little Bird stopped talking the entire flight. She was being really cute since she was so excited, but I was getting a little tired of answering the same questions!
We landed in Arizona around dinner time, so Nana and Papa and Uncle Drew picked us up and we went back to their place. We had a quick dinner and got the girls into bed. Nana borrowed some pack 'n plays from Brenda's friend and the girls had no problem going to sleep. They did wake up up several times throughout the night, but there were no screaming Inconsolable moments. (Whew!)
The next morning we got up and headed over to Brenda's house. Daddy and Papa and I were going to go for a hike with Erin and Cody. The girls and Nana and Uncle Drew hung out with Brenda, Eric, Boompa and Magra. Little Bird wanted to go hiking with us pretty badly even though she doesn't know what hiking is! She was just so curious about what happens in Arizona.
We hiked Tom's Thumb and it was a gorgeous morning. It felt great to hike again!
Lobo takes off and runs ahead and comes back like hundred times. He probably hiked the trail six times more than we did! But he does take some rests!
After the hike, Erin, Cody, Daddy and I sat in the hot tub for way to long. It was so nice and relaxing and fun to catch up with them. We don't get to see them often and when we do, I'm usually chasing the girls so it was nice of Nana to do that for me this time.
The girls had a great time running around Brenda's house, going in and out of doors and chasing Lobo around. Poor Nana and Papa had to run after them when they were on the patio just to make sure they didn't fall into the pool! It was a great time relaxing in the sun. Boy do I miss the sun!
The girls were great entertainment for everybody too!




It was absolutely the best time. Those girls were so curious and cooperative. I couldn't believe it!! I miss them so much.
ReplyDelete