Thursday, December 27, 2012

christmas 2012

We started our Christmas traditions with our annual Christmas lights drive in our jammies. This year I brought some homemade caramel corn along. We turned on the Christmas radio station and headed out.

First of all, we were amazed at how fast the girls got ready. I told them to get their coats and boots on while Rob and I went to get our jammies on, thinking I'd still have to wrangle them together after I was done. They were ready and up in our room before I pulled my jammies out of the drawer. 

We drove through some nearby neighborhoods, the big million dollar home neighborhood where everyone uses professionals to put up their lights and then finally the super tacky house in Plymouth that synchronizes their lights to music playing through an FM frequency. After waiting in line 15 minutes to see those lights only to be blocked by people who were not following the rules, Rob and I decided that we were not going to partake in that ridiculousness again. 

On Christmas Eve morning the girls were up and ready to go. They found that Tinker, our Elf was not at our house anymore. He had left a note saying he was at Nana and Papa's house and that he'd see us there. The girls wanted to call right away to find out where he had landed at their house. When we called Papa answered and after the girls asked where Tinker was, he was sort of confused, but after directing him a bit, we found that Tinker had landed on their fireplace. 

The girls opened presents from each other...new sleds!!!

They also opened gifts from us. A book, new jammies and their own digital cameras.




We ate our homemade caramel french toast breakfast and then packed up to head to Faribault. We first stopped in Northfield to see Auntie B and family (and I shopped at the Rare Pair and spent my birthday money!)

When we got to Nana's house, we found Tinker and then settled in for a bit. We headed to church where the girls again whispered good job Nana! after she was done singing in the choir. We had Swedish meatballs for supper and then the girls put on their show. They were so excited to sing their Christmas program for school and Nana, Papa, Uncle Drew, Boompa and Magramma had fun watching. They did a great job and it was almost better without the whole group of kids.




They were mostly excited that they got to stand on the "stage" i.e. the fireplace hearth!

We opened some presents and then it was time to head to bed. It was pretty easy getting them settled in for the night!!

Christmas morning they were ready to go and were ecstatic to see what Santa brought. They are so funny when opening presents, saying that everything they opened was exactly what they wanted.

Santa brought them everything they wanted, even the playdoh I didn't want. Little Bird was a little worried when she opened the playdoh thing she had asked for. She wasn't sure if I would be happy that Santa brought her that. I reassured her that it was indeed OK. :)

Nana and Papa got the girls each a LeapPad 2 which will be really fun to have. Little Pie was into it right away and I was amazed at how much she could figure out on her own. It will be great to have for our trip to AZ in February. They also think they are pretty cool that they have their own "iPads".



We had Christmas dinner at Magramma and Boompas house. The girls kept busy with their LeapPads and games and new microphones from Brenda. They were pretty tired, but because they are like their mama, were unable to take a real nap that afternoon.

Not very good at pretending to nap!
It was a very full few days and now it's time to reorganize the house after all the goodies they got!!

1 comment:

  1. It was such a wonderful couple of days. I couldn't believe how "into" Christmas the girls were. They jumped right into everything and enjoyed it all, relishing the differentness of a special holiday. I think they are going to adore Christmas just like their mommy does. We sure adored them!!

    ReplyDelete