Friday, March 22, 2013

hans, part zwei

Last October, Little Pie got to bring home the class "pet", Hans, to care for for a week. Little Bird was quite upset that it wasn't her turn (or her responsibility) to have him for the week. She was so anxious about it being her turn next, and for weeks and weeks following Hans' return to school, she agonized over whether she would be the one to bring him home next.

Each week she was so disappointed, but she also became less emotional about not being the chosen one. Even though you could see her confidence falling, she kept reassuring herself she would one day have him in her possession.

That day finally came. She was the last student in the class to take him home. Yes, the girl that probably wanted him the most, was the last to have him. Lesson in life? 


When I picked her up from class, she could hardly contain her excitement. The minute we got home, she wanted me to start taking pictures of them together. The following is the entry I put in Hans' journal.

On Thursday, March 14, I got to go home with Sophie N.  I’ve actually been to her house before when her sister, Evie took care of me back in October. It was fun to be back and I realized I hadn’t forgotten my way around their house!
Sophie is very sweet and always looking out for my best interests. She was always making sure I was wrapped in a cozy blanket because it was really cold out and she never forgot to include me in anything she was doing.
We snuggled on her bed and read lots of books. My favorite was a book called Greyfriar’s Bobby which is about the most famous dog in Scotland. It’s a special book because Sophie’s daddy brought it home from a work trip to Scotland. Sophie reminded me that I was a famous dog because I had my own book too.
I got to ride in their car a lot and visited all of the places that Sophie usually goes during the week. We went to Target, swimming lessons, piano lessons and gymnastics. I even got to go to church school with her. We past right by Karing Kingdom on our way to church school and waved at our fun classroom. I also got to watch Sophie get all dressed up in her favorite Belle princess dress and go to a special party with her daddy and her sister. It was sure fun to see her so excited!
I had a really great time at Sophie’s house and I will miss all her snuggles, but I’m really excited to meet my new friend and go on some new adventures.
Your friend,
Hans


The night before she was to return Hans to school, Little Bird went to bed with him one more time. As we tucked her in we talked about how much fun it was to have had him at our house again. She broke into sobs and practically begged us to not make her bring him back. She said she loved him so much and that he was the only puppy that knew how to give her kisses. Rob and I both had tears in our eyes seeing her so brokenhearted about little Hans. We talked about how Hans will be going home with one of her teachers next and that she had so many other puppies at home that she needed to take care of. She eventually calmed down and the next morning she was ready to return Hans.

She also decided that she would bring her puppy, Liesel, to school for Sharing Circle. After she shared her pup with the class, she found out that one of her teachers has a REAL dog named Liesel at her house. She was so excited to tell me and now Liesel is her new best friend at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment