Monday, December 6, 2010

2000 flushes

I'm pretty sure Little Bird went pee on the potty at least 25 times today and I know she flushed the toilet more than that. 

I really don't know where we are at with this potty training thing; she doesn't tell me she has to go. She  only wants to go and sit on the potty any time I change her diaper. That's great, but she still doesn't know when she is "done". The problem is, the girl can pee...a lot. She sits on the potty and pees. Then she wants to flush it. Then she wants to sit down again. She will pee again, although not as much and want to flush that. She sits down again and pees a little more, wanting to flush it again. This happens 6 or 7 times before I can get her to do anything else. 

Of course she did this this morning before we needed to leave for Little Gym. It took forever to convince her to get her pants on and out the door. Then she did it again before nap time. Then again after dinner and then again before bed. 

It was a long day of dumping and flushing so by the time this routine started at bedtime, I was quite exhausted. After she had "gone" 3 times, I tried unsuccessfully to get her jammies on. She wanted to sit on the potty some more. I knew there wasn't going to be much more pee, so I told her she was all done and it was time to read books. I left her in the bathroom and Little Pie and I sat down to read. Before we got to the second page, she had run into the room to sit down and read. She let me get her diaper and jammies on and the whole potty party was over.

I need to figure out how to go forward with this potty training before our water bill goes through the roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment