Sunday, December 5, 2010

exhausted

Everyone in this house is completely exhausted from our fun and busy weekend. Yesterday was super fun and I think Little Bird was especially still hyped from our good day. She woke up bright and early and was ready to go this morning even though the rest of us really wanted to sleep some more.

The girls got dressed in their new Christmas outfits (I didn't take any pictures!) and we headed to church. Little Buddy was being baptized today so it was an extra special day. The girls were so excited to see BFF and Little Buddy but were pretty disappointed when they went to sit in the front and we stayed in the back (just in case). Little Pie is back to being a koala at church and snuggled her face into Daddy's shoulders for almost the entire service. Little Bird sat on my lap and stayed so busy I almost keeled over from exhaustion. 

Before the service had started we talked about being quiet and listening for music and only whispering if we had to. Little Bird did pretty well although she made a few loud exclamations that I tried hard not to laugh at. She has a new phrase that she likes to say and she didn't let the beautiful soloist get away without her using it on him. As he began to sing, Little Bird belts out "I hear something! What's that noise Mama?".

During communion we walked past where BFF and her family were sitting and the girls spotted each other immediately. All three of them were again disappointed that they didn't get to be together! 

The baptism took place after the service and we explained to the girls that Little Buddy was going to be baptized and that they were going to pour water over his head. While we watched the pastor pour the water over Little Buddy's head, Little Pie exclaims (for everyone to hear) "Colin going swimming!". 

It was a late morning again and we were really hoping to give the girls a quick lunch and put them down for a nap. Neither of them were interested in taking a nap and before we knew it, Little Pie was having one of her Inconsolable overtired moments. Little Bird actually fell asleep during it (amazing!), but we listened to Little Pie have a fit for 20 minutes. She finally fell asleep only to wake less than an hour later. She continued to have an Inconsolable overtired moment for about 45 minutes. I tried Everything to calm her down, but she just needed to get it out of her system. We knew then that it was going to be an early bedtime tonight.

Today is Gramma's birthday so we Skyped with her and Grandpa and Uncle Rye. Little Pie is really good at saying Happy Birthday. She remembers when we went to get Gramma a card (at Target of course). After we were done talking on Skype, Little Pie kept saying Happy Birthday but this time it was to herself!

Little Bird continues to be interested in using the potty. After supper she wanted her pants and diaper off so she could sit down and go pee pee and poo poo. She has asked to do this a few times this past week. This time she sat down and peed. She was so excited to put it in the toilet and flush it. Then she wanted to sit down and do it again. She peed a little more so we flushed that too. Then she wanted to sit down and do it again. Now it was nothing (in her words, "there's nothing in there"). She wants to do this over and over and over again. I don't know how to handle it. How do I tell her she's all done? She would continue this for an hour if she could. By making her stop, am I discouraging the potty training process? I don't think she totally gets what's going on because she always expects poo to be in there after she stands up. Oh, I have been dreading this whole process!!!

Daddy and I are so exhausted from the fun and incredible busyness of these silly girls. He will be out of town AGAIN this week so I'm not looking forward to doing it all by myself again. I'm going to need a lot of peppermint mochas from Caribou to get me through this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment