Monday started off as a great day; birthday party, lunch with friends.
It ended with me not being able to stand up straight.
After taking the girls for a bike ride in the afternoon, we got home only to find that I had strained my back so bad that I couldn't stand up. I guess 60+ pounds is too much for me.
I still had to feed, bathe and put the girls to bed. By myself.
The girls had to figure out how to do some things on their own. Little Bird is able to get in and out of the tub by herself, but Little Pie still needs a little help. Nobody can get their pants up correctly. Thank goodness they are in toddler beds because I don't think I could have lifted them up into cribs.
Tuesday morning I woke up feeling the same, but I could at least almost stand up straight. (I was leaning quite to the right). I had to call BFF's Mama to come watch the girls while I went to the doctor to get some muscle relaxers.
| The girls thought it was pretty fun that BFF's Mama was in charge. |
The muscle relaxers and the ibuprofen haven't helped much and it's Thursday afternoon.
I'm really looking forward to Daddy coming home tomorrow, not only to help me with all the girls' physical needs, but to also give me a really good back rub.
I guess my dream of going on bike rides every afternoon is over. :(
I'm so sorry you've hurt your back! I had some issues when the girls were infants, and it was so hard to do all the bending and lifting. Rest as much as you can, and I hope you heal quickly!
ReplyDelete