Stats:
The girls had their 3 year check up appointment today and things went smoothly. They were very concerned that they would be getting a shot, but since we had gone in a couple of months ago for their flu shots, there were none to give today! They were very relieved and were willing to be a bit more cooperative.
Little Pie's stats:
- Height: 37 3/4", 50-75%
- Weight: 32.1 lb, 50%
Little Bird's stats:
- Height: 37 1/8", 50%
- Weight: 29.9 lb, 25-50%
(Funny story: When we were boarding our plane last week, the gate agent asked if the girls were twins. She said she wasn't sure because Little Bird "looked bigger". Since that comment by the gate agent, Little Bird goes around telling everyone that she is bigger than her sister. Better not show her these stats.)
The girls did well getting their eyes, ears and tummies checked. I was even impressed with how well they did on the eye test. The nurse asked them to match the letters she was pointing to, but instead the girls just told her what they were. Given they have a dad with very poor eye sight, this is good!
---
Schedule:
In addition to looking back at how the girls have grown over the past year, I also thought it might be fun to look back at what our days were like when they were freshly 3.
6:30-7AM: I try to get up and showered before the girls, but many times, Little Pie wakes up first and comes and snuggles in my bed with me.
7-8AM: Little Pie and I start breakfast. At some point Little Bird will roll out of bed. I'm so proud of her because now she takes her diaper off, goes potty, gets undies and puts them on and comes downstairs all by herself. So independent!
8-10AM: Play, check email, clean up breakfast, get dressed, start laundry or cleaning.
10AM-Noon: Out for morning activity. Monday - playdate with BFF and Ms. E, Tuesday - swimming lessons (starting Jan. 2), Wednesday - gymnastics with H&M, Thursday - library storytime, Friday - errands.
Noon'ish: Lunch
1-3pm: Out for afternoon activity. We either play outside or go to the gym. Starting next week, we will start going to Taylor's basketball games.
3-5pm: Home for snack and more play time. Finish laundry and/or cleaning. Many times the girls will watch Team Umizumi while I start dinner.
5:30pm: Eat dinner.
6pm: Clean up and play Hi-Ho Cherry-O
6:30pm: Bath and books.
7pm: Bed
The girls haven't napped in a long time, and I gave up on having "quiet time" in their rooms. This schedule works out well for us and even though 12 hours straight with no downtime for myself can get really long, we manage to have a good time together.
With the weather getting colder, I imagine our afternoons outside will be brief. Today the girls had a hilarious time playing at the park in their snowsuits. They discovered they can go really fast down the slides!
No comments:
Post a Comment