I want to try and get a wrap up done once a week, but I guess it's harder than I thought! Summer is busy and tiring!! So here is what we did last week:
- Monday: I had seen something on Pinterest called a water blob, and because the girls are likely to have a swim suit on at some point in the day, I decided to try and make one. We had a bunch of plastic left over from when we put rock down on the side of our house years ago, so I cut some big pieces, duct taped them together and then filled them with water. The girls had fun jumping (and slipping) on it. The neighbor kids even had to come and check it out! I wish the plastic was wider so that the blob could be bigger, but I made two to try and make up for it.
- Tuesday: Little Bird woke up in tears. When I asked her what was wrong, she said that Sadie (her baby) wasn't in her bed with her. I immediately remembered that the girls had been playing with their babies on the deck the previous day. And then I remembered that it had rained over night. The babies were soaked. Little Pie said it was OK because Abby, her baby, was wearing her swim suit, but Little Bird had a melt down. I'm sure it was because she knew that she had done something "wrong" by forgetting her baby outside. But after the babies sat over the air conditioning vent for awhile, they were as good as new! It is amazing how different these two girls can be!
Tuesday afternoon was super hot, so I cut quiet time short and the three of us headed to the swim pond. We stayed for hours and had a blast!
- Wednesday: I finally got back to the gym after too long of a hiatus (I couldn't help it that the gym was closed for renovations last week!). It rained in the afternoon so the girls and I made blueberry muffins for Daddy to take on his golf weekend. We met Daddy for dinner that evening at the girls' new favorite restaurant, CPK (he was feeling bad that he would be gone for 4 days, so he took us out to dinner).
- Thursday: We were reunited with our summer pastime of weekly visits to the Town Green for their children's music program. This is our third summer of attending with BFF (and now Little Buddy) and we just can't believe that the girls are old enough to have done the same thing three summers in a row. It's also gotten much more popular and we actually might have to get there quite a bit early to get a spot. It's so fun to watch the kids dance and follow along with the music.
- Saturday: Since Rob was gone all weekend, the girls and I went to Faribault to pass the time. I got to go out for girls' night with my two besties while Little Pie and Little Bird went to A&W with Nana, Papa and Uncle Drew. We all had fun!
- Sunday: After playing in Nana and Papa's back yard all day (running through our new sprinkler), we headed home to be reunited with Daddy. But when we got home, there was a surprise next door! Our new neighbors were having a birthday party for their 6 year old and they had rented a bounce house! They invited us over and LB and LP had a blast even though they ended up melting down after a while. The "big" boys were trying to scare them and our girls were just so tired from a weekend outdoors. Not a good combination!

No comments:
Post a Comment