Friday, June 15, 2012

wonderful week wrap-up

Since last weekend was crazy busy with party after party, we had to take it easy a bit this week to catch up from all of our fun.
  • When Monday morning rolled around, Rob took off for work but the girls and I took forever to get moving. In fact, Little Bird slept until 10am. Since she refuses to nap no matter how tired she is (she sat in her bed for two hours on Sunday while Little Pie took a nice nap), she catches up on her sleep by sleeping in late. Gramma was still in town, so she took us out to lunch where Little Pie declared California Pizza Kitchen to be her favorite restaurant. Later that day, the girls played nicely at home while I tried to clean up from the weekend, and everyone went to bed early.
  • For some reason, summer went away on Tuesday and was replaced by what felt like a sunny, brisk fall day. I barely remembered sweaters for the girls since I wasn't expecting such a cool day, but we still had an awesome time meeting one of my BFF's at the Como Zoo with her two sweet little girls. Little Bird was in heaven, making sure she was ALWAYS holding Ms. K's hand. I don't think she really cared about any of the exhibits; she was so in love with walking hand in hand with Ms. K. Ms. S was a riot and it was so fun to watch the four girls interact. I wish we were next door neighbors because these four girls would for sure be BFFs just like their mamas.

So many blondies!
Yes, it's a challenge to get four girls to look and smile.

  • Wednesday's weather = disgusting. Our plans were cancelled for the day so we stayed home and had our own fun. We made ice cream sandwiches (so easy and fun!) and worked on "projects" for Father's Day (I hate projects! they never turn out!). Also, I can't stand it when the weather is terrible all day and then turns nice when it's time for dinner/bed.
  • Thursday's weather = more disgusting. When we woke up, it was just as dark as it was when we were sleeping. Storms rolled in in the morning and forced us to miss the first Town Green music event of the season (apparently the show went on, although I doubt many people sat on the soaked lawn in the drizzly weather). We were quite disappointed as that is our thing to do in the summer with BFF and Little Buddy. Instead we brought our picnic lunch to their house and played inside.
  • On Friday, summer returned! We went to Elm Creek beach for the first time this summer with H&M. We got there around 10:30 and the mamas thought we would stay until 1 or so. But the kids were having so much fun that we didn't leave until 3! The mamas had a chance to chat on the towels while the kids played SO WELL together. We had to drag the kids to the car because they didn't want to go (although, H was so tired he needed  to be dragged!). They had so much fun filling buckets, digging holes, filling holes, running around, eating lunch ... being kids!



We are looking forward to a very fun Father's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment