Thursday, September 13, 2012

preschool, day 2

Since day 1 of preschool went so well, I (and the girls) could hardly wait for the second day.

Unfortunately Little Bird came down with a runny nose and cough late yesterday, didn't sleep well all night and missed her second day.

Little Pie was completely fine with going on her own. 

While Rob's job can be challenging in that he travels and puts in a lot of hours, it can also be quite flexible. He took his calls from home this morning so that I didn't have to drag a tired, sad, sick Little Bird with me to drop off Little Pie at school.

The first thing Little Pie said to anyone and everyone she encountered, was Sophie didn't come today because she is too sick. She had to make sure everyone knew Little Bird was missing today.

After drop off, I quickly went to Starbucks to get a much needed latte and a treat for Little Bird. She was quite happy to have something special. 

Before I knew it, it was time to get Little Pie and because Rob had to head into work at this time, Little Bird came along. She sure put on a miserable face and everyone felt so bad for her that she missed school. The teachers made sure to say she was missed that day and I think it made her feel pretty good.

Little Pie was so excited to share that she had Little Bird's project for the day and she informed us that she could work on it at home. 

While I wish the girls would never get sick, I know this won't be the first time one girl goes to school without the other. But I'm certainly proud of both girls for handling the situation so well even in the first week!

1 comment:

  1. We had a similar experience last week, but that was our fourth week of school already. I was so proud of both our girls for handling the split so well! That's awesome even on the first week your girls did great!

    ReplyDelete