The last couple of days, I have noticed that Little Bird has become quite the stereotypical 'little sister'. Today was a great example of how she has started to antagonize Little Pie. She works and works to annoy Little Pie until Little Pie starts screaming and mommy comes running. These stereotypical 'little sister' moves have already earned her more time outs than her sister. hmmm...
Before I get into that, I just need to mention that the girls played very nicely at the park this morning. We walked to a park further from our house so that I could get some exercise. When we got there, the all important swings were occupied so I quickly explained that we would have to do something else first. Both girls looked longingly at the swings, but were very cooperative and followed me to a different activity. However, we didn't quite make it to the lake I was going to show them because Little Pie suddenly took off for the swings...they had become unoccupied and her little eyes noticed right away! I was very proud of their behavior at the park; they were very accommodating and cooperative.
When we returned home, I attempted to make lunch while the girls played wonderfully together. However, suddenly I heard 'the shrieks' from Little Pie that indicated someone was bothering her. I look to find Little Bird touching her arm...then she was touching her shirt...then she was pulling on her shirt...then she pulled Little Pie right to the ground. Time out #1.
After "hugging" Little Pie and apologizing for her behavior (actually Little Pie waits patiently for the hug, while Little Bird reluctantly gives it), Little Bird went off to play with something new and I went back to making lunch. Not two minutes later I hear SCREAMS from Little Pie and look to find her pointer finger in Little Bird's mouth and Little Bird chomping down as hard as she can. Time out #2.
After "hugging" Little Pie (Little Pie still wants to hug her), Little Bird finally went off and played by herself. This time she learned that it was time to leave Little Pie alone.
After nap time the girls were both in a great mood. We ran a couple of errands and then came home to play inside while I put away some things. Little Bird yelled "Pie! Pie! Pie!" for about 15 minutes straight. She kept trying to get Little Pie's attention, but Little Pie didn't want to give it to her. Then Little Bird started running up to Little Pie and yelling "Pie!" in her face and running away. Boy, Little Pie sure has a lot of patience. I'm waiting for the day when Little Pie fights back and it's Little Bird's shrieks I hear.
I wonder how Little Bird already knows that she is the 'little sister'? I'm certain that she will be the antagonizer and Little Pie will be running to me with "mom, little bird is annoying me". I'm certain that I, being a little sister myself, never acted this way.
Right Uncle?!?
So funny....you are not correct about the antagonizing. Uncle used to put up with it until he finally had to use force...I think it was arm swisting if i remember correctly!!!!
ReplyDeleteI meant arm twisting.
ReplyDelete