Monday, May 23, 2011

our deck

One of my favorite things about our house is our HUGE deck. I have always loved sitting out there with a drink and a book. It's sunny in the morning and shady and cool in the late afternoon/evening. 

Our deck is big enough to hold our grill, a table and 6 chairs, a lounge chair, a couple of end tables, the girls picnic table, the girls two Adirondack chairs, and now....


... a little playhouse!!

The girls got the playhouse from Nana and Papa for Christmas. Papa put it together a few weeks ago and was finally able to bring it up this past weekend. The girls were SO EXCITED. In fact, Little Pie peered out the window while we were bringing it up to the top of the deck and could not contain her excitement...while turning and RUNNING for her shoes, she exclaims, "I come outside!!!".
Pounding some nails with her favorite hammer.

hi! I'm in here too!

I got to fix the mailbox. Any mail in there?
I love our deck even more now. The girls can play on it by themselves and I can be in the kitchen making lunch or dinner, putting laundry in the wash, folding laundry or *gasp* be on the computer.

I wish we could use the deck year round!

No comments:

Post a Comment