Wednesday, May 25, 2011

supportive sister

Little Bird did AMAZING today. She was ready to put underwear on the minute she got up (after using the potty of course). She had one minor accident late this morning, otherwise, she would tell me when she needed to go. Sometimes nothing would happen, but sometimes it was the right time. 

I'm exhausted from all the trips we made to the potty, but I'm so proud of her for trying so hard to figure it out.

She even went poo poo! I think it surprised her as she originally told me she had to pee pee. She was so proud to earn TWO stickers for that event.

The best part of this whole process is Little Pie's unconditional, sweet, enthusiastic support of Little Bird's efforts. She truly is the sweetest little thing. Every time Little Bird is attempting success on the potty, Little Pie is right there to congratulate her.

"Good job going pee pee S! Now you get a sticker! Good job!"
"Wow, a poo poo S! Good job! You get two stickers!"
"Good job S! I'm so proud of you!" (followed by the sweetest hug)

She even reminds Little Bird about the whole process. "When the timer goes off, you go pee pee on the potty and you get a sticker. Then you go to Target and get a Dora toy."


But still, when I ask her if she wants to try, she says she "can't".

Although, today she slipped and said yes, but then quickly corrected herself when I started to go to her drawer for a pair of undies.

Actually, with how exhausted I am after dealing with one potty girl, I'm secretly glad she isn't ready. Two little ones on the toilet all day would drive me to more than just this glass of wine I'm currently enjoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment