Within a day, this little girl was trained.
I knew that if I let her decide when, it would be a piece of cake.
She was so proud to take a trip to Target with just Mommy and pick out a Dora toy just for her.
On the way home, she proudly reminded me that she was still dry.
This girl has even gone above and beyond my expectations. On our 3 hour car trip this past weekend, she wore a Pull-Up, but didn't need it. After 2 hours she announced she needed to pee and did not hesitate to jump on the potty chair in the back of the van.
She even used the "real" toilet at Subway when we stopped for lunch.
Our only issue is that she doesn't want to go in a diaper at all...not even at night. There is no way her little bladder can last all night, and she gets very frustrated with herself when she goes in her diaper. This is a tough one...because we are all losing sleep over it.
But everything is worth it to see the proud look on Little Bird's face!
I felt like we dealt with this issue when Baby A first trained. She didn't wake up overnight, but she would wake up in the mornings and from nap SCREAMING to sit on the potty. (I'm not sure if she was upset with having gone in her diaper, or if she needed to go right then.)
ReplyDeleteI was a little unsure whether to do this, but I reminded her that it was OK to go in her diaper at nap and overnight...that's what it's there for. It may have been a coincidence, but she mellowed out very shortly after I started reminding her of that. And she has continued to do great during the day.
So glad things are going so well otherwise...that's fantastic!!!