Monday, October 1, 2012

a perfect fall weekend

The alarm went off bright and early on Saturday. I begrudgingly got out of bed and Rob rolled over to try and catch a few more winks. The girls weren't happy I woke them up and Little Pie was confused as to why it was still dark out.

But we quickly got ourselves together and headed off to run the Dave Ryan 5k/10k race for Special Olympics Minnesota. 

We could not have had a more gorgeous morning. The temperature was a perfect 55 degrees when we started the run. The sun warmed us up a bit and the trees glowed with gorgeous reds, oranges and yellows. Our "Team Gold" was excited and the adrenaline pumped through our systems. The running felt really good and we all finished with some of our personal best times. It was an amazing morning and I'm already excited to do it again next year.

The girls had a blast playing on the playground (thank goodness there was one right by the finish line). As I was nearing the finish line, I looked and looked for them but couldn't find them. Suddenly I heard Little Pie yell, "Go Mommy!". I loved it!!
Team Gold: 5 5k walkers, 8 10k runners, 4 little spectators.
Rob and I didn't get much time to rest (we both had some pretty sore legs) before we headed over to his boss' house for a family BBQ with his team from work. The girls had a blast playing with the other kids and were so excited about meeting new friends. Of course the big trampoline in the backyard kept them busy most of the night. It was hard to drag them away, but I think Rob and I were more tired than them and were the ones that wanted to call it a night.

Sunday was another gorgeous day and we spent some of the afternoon on a tractor pulled tram ride at Elm Creek Park Reserve. We got to go with our new neighbors that we have become fast friends with since they moved in in June. The colors in the park were gorgeous and it was a nice relaxing ride around the park.

After the tram ride, the kids had a chance to make some apple cider at a little apple cider demo. We got a little taste too. mmmmm!



Little Pie has been asking every day if we can make a pile of leaves and jump in them. While I can't wait for that fun, I'm not ready for the gorgeous leaves to fall and the cold air to come. It'll be here before we know it, but I'd love for fall to slow down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment