I have vivid memories of jumping in piles and piles of leaves at Magramma and Boompa's house when I was a kid. It wasn't fall until we were running, jumping and crunching in the leaves.
The girls have been very anxious to start jumping in piles of leaves themselves, but our tree out front hasn't lost much of it's leaves yet. After a few days of some heavy winds, we finally had enough leaves on the ground to make a pile.
 |
| Little Pie thought Hans would like to jump in the leaves too. |
There are still many leaves that need to fall from the tree, so even though we raked up leaves from both neighbors' yards, we still had a pretty wimpy pile.
 |
| I think throwing the leaves may rival jumping in them. |
 |
| Jumping is still pretty fun. |
 |
| Little Bird kept asking us to make the pile even higher. |
 |
| Pure joy. |
Those pictures are gorgeous! And that looks like so much fun!!!
ReplyDeleteI find myself loving fall more and more every year, I think. One of my favorite parts is crunching leaves as we walk along through our neighborhood.
We went on a walk this week to collect leaves...our girls had a blast with that. :) Now to do some leaf rubbings and try my hand at sealing leaves in wax paper...fingers crossed!