Wednesday, October 24, 2012

and whoosh, they were gone

Around the second week of October, I start to get out our Halloween "decorations", books and other spooky things. We have costumes purchased and the anticipation for Halloween begins. The question of is it Halloween today? starts and is repeated over and over. 

The girls are always really curious as to why we have all of our Halloween things out when it's not actually Halloween. (I remember these same types of questions from Christmas last year). I continue to try to explain about the season and how it's fun to decorate for several weeks up until the actual holiday. Oh, OK.

And the next day they ask, why do we have our Halloween stuff out if it's not Halloween?

The joys of preschoolers' questions.
The girls have been doing a few Halloween activities at preschool and we have tried to do a few here at home. One of our favorite books to read is Room on the Broom so one day last week we had a witch's theme of activities.

I'm asked to wear this witch's hat quite often, so our witch theme day wasn't any different.
I'm so sassy. And the bathroom mirror is dirty.
We read the book of course, but this time the girls played along with their own "action figures". They continued to play and act out the book even without me reading it.

Finally we made our own witch's potion. We put some food coloring, glitter and dish soap into some vinegar. Then we added some baking soda, cast a spell and whoosh!

Every night after reading books and saying prayers, the girls climb on my back (one at a time of course!) and I tap my broomstick and ...

whoosh, we are gone.

To bed of course.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute! We read all our fall / Halloween books today (as we've been doing for a few weeks now, too), and then bought our pumpkins at the pumpkin patch this afternoon. I still need to get a couple to carve, as these are for the mantle. :)

    ReplyDelete