HOT! It's hot again and we are melting. We are trying everything to stay cool and dry amongst all this heat and scattered showers. This is definitely summer!
Saturday we went to a Family Fun day at Arbor Lakes. We weren't sure what to expect, but we had a blast. Little Bird was really into checking out all of the fun booths and displays, while Little Pie was off running as fast as she could. Little Bird talked with a fireman, got a fire hat, looked at a fire truck, got a tattoo (a duck), petted some baby animals and danced with the DJ. After all that (and Little Pie's running adventure), we went to meet (drum roll...) CURIOUS GEORGE! Both girls were super excited to meet him. Little Bird was very excited to give him (several) high fives, while Little Pie was a bit more hesitant. We got some great pics so I think I'll have them printed and post them somewhere around the house.
Little Bird as a firefighter!
Little Bird LOVED meeting Curious George. She wanted to get really close to him and give him a lot of high fives (but she still wanted me to hold her).
Little Pie was a bit more hesitant. She just wanted to look at him. But as soon as we left, she couldn't stop talking about George. (She pronounces his name so well too!)
It's kind of sad that this is the only picture of the four of us since last Christmas. I guess George is one of the family now.
Since Saturday afternoon was SO HOT and we didn't feel like playing outside, we went to the mall to run around. I hate wasting a summer day at the mall, but I just wasn't in the mood to be outside. The girls had a blast playing in the indoor play area so I guess it was a worthwhile trip.
Of course Little Bird was in love with all of the cars.
I asked the girls if they were going to get a convertible when they turned 16, and they both nodded yes!
While they were sitting in this red convertible all I could think of was the twins in the Sweet Valley High books that drove a red Fiat convertible. Totally random...
(I wonder which one would be Elizabeth and which one would be Jessica?)
(I wonder which one would be Elizabeth and which one would be Jessica?)
Sunday was another hot day too, so we decided to go to the swim pond in the morning. Daddy loves going to the swim pond with his girls, so we thought we should go since it was the weekend. The girls got new swim suits and looked adorable! As usual Little Pie ran straight for the water. Little Bird was in the water a lot more than usual. Little Pie really wanted to "swim" today so I took her around while she kicked and splashed. We even blew bubbles in the water and she loved it. It was a great way to cool off this morning.
Filling our buckets with our cans.
It seems like it always takes 10 cans to fill the bucket!
Finally, what hot summer day wouldn't be complete with a trip to the Dairy Queen!?!?!
Little Bird is not a lover of ice cream. She had one bite of Daddy's Blizzard and that was enough.
CHEESE! Little Pie ate most of mine!
What a fun weekend. You still remember the Sweet Valley Twins series???? Funny. You are in for another hot week. I can't believe it. It looks like Sunday might be nicer. Hope so.
ReplyDelete