We have had a pretty rough few days. Mommy was home alone with the girls for 4 days and 3 nights while Daddy was out of town for work. It was a LONG week. Nana came for some relief on Wednesday which was VERY nice. All in all, I'd have to say I was challenged quite a bit!!
The girls are almost 21 months old and I think that they reach some pretty huge milestones every 3 months or so. I'm pretty sure the milestone they are reaching this time is talking. They are saying about thousand new words; ok, maybe not that many but a least 4 or 5 new words a day. They even say 3 and 4 word sentences. It seems like one morning they woke up and could talk! It is pretty humorous to hear their "conversations". But along with this new ability comes some unrest. And I mean literally no rest. Sleep has been terrible. Naps are a huge struggle and almost every night for the past week, one or both girls have woken up in the middle of the night and stayed awake for too long. (Tuesday night, both girls were awake from 11:30 until 2:30; argh!).
Along with terrible sleep issues comes terrible tantrums. The girls fight over any and all toys. They fight over my attention, daddy's attention, anybody's attentions! Mood swings are all over the place and our visit to Northfield this weekend was a disaster when Little Pie threw the biggest tantrum of her life. (Sorry Auntie ABCD!) I'm hoping this transition to their new language ability ends pretty soon; I can't take much more!
Now, of course since they are talking more they are saying more hilarious things. I'm really excited about this because whenever Auntie ABCD talks about the things that Mr. S. says, I just die with laughter. I hope the girls are as funny as he is! After church today, we talked in the car about how the girls were good girls at church. Little Pie then said "E-ie good girl church" (4 word sentence!). Little Bird responded with "Phie good girl church". Yes! Both of you were good girls at church today! Then Little Bird said, "Daddy good girl church!". Ha! Yes he was! :)
And good thing we are seeing BFF tomorrow because Little Pie can't stop talking about her. :)
Finally, Little Bird is very into accessorizing her look lately. Right now her obsession is bracelets. Check out her style!
Little Bird and her bracelets.
Counting her bracelets. Both girls can count to 10 although Little Bird skips 7. I thought I had a video of her counting her bracelets; but apparently I didn't hit the record button! Of course, she didn't want to do it again for me. :(
Wow - I am trying to take deep breaths as I read this post. I have been dealing with Ms. R having some MAJOR tantrums over the past two weeks. I was surprised they started so early. Ms. K hasn't had any yet, but Ms. R is extremely emotional and fiesty. She throws herself onto the floor like a 3 year old. It's crazy. They aren't even 11 months old, yet. I will pray for your strength....these are really some trying times. I just keep telling myself to show her love and not to give in. Wow -- not easy!
ReplyDeleteI remember that both of my girls threw themselves on the ground with frustration when they were about a year. Now it's turned into yelling no! no! no! and screaming as loud as can be. I'm reading "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" right now and trying out some of those suggestions but not having a lot of luck. They still might be too young for that so I'll just have to be patient. I'm hoping it's not an indication of how they'll be as teenagers! eek!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear about your experiences, so thank you! Ms. R is going to challenge me every day for the rest of my life!! I am sure Ms. K will have her moments, too. You are an inspiration! Keep on .. keepin' on is what I tell myself each and every day! We are coming up on 11 months...somedays I can't believe it and others it feels like an eternity. I am sure most moms feel that way! I will have to send you an email about some updates with us soon. Take care!
ReplyDeleteRight now both of ours fight over daddy and I'm more the consolation prize. :p Very good at telling us 'no' I'm hoping like you said once they can get some more words down, they'll be less frustrated at times if we know for sure what's bugging them.
ReplyDelete