Can you tell that they are both saying "CHEESE" as loud (and long) as they can??!??
Today the girls and I went to Nana and Papa's house for the day. We got to see them as well as Uncle, Gramcracker, Boompa, and Great Grandma. It was a BEAUTIFUL day today so we ALL enjoyed (finally) being able to be outside comfortably. The girls were so well behaved today. Not at all like last week. Whew!! They played so nicely with each other and took turns so well. It was like they were putting on a show for their elders..."see we are nice little girls and are very well behaved; Mommy is doing a good job raising us"... Little Pie was also very generous with hugs and kisses which certainly put a smile on a lot of peoples' faces. It was also a nice day for me because OTHER people were entertaining the girls (and making their meals) and I could sit back and just enjoy watching them. Both girls took a WONDERFUL nap and woke up HAPPY (we haven't seen that in a while). They were ready to start playing again and to keep showing off their new found language skills. After a trip to a park and more fun playing with toys, we ate a quick dinner, took a bath, put our jammies on and got set in the car to head home. It was such a wonderful day; I couldn't wait to get home and tell Daddy all about it. But then...
...5 minutes after being in the car (on the freeway), Froggy accidentally fell out of Little Bird's car seat and onto the floor. Fortunately it was in a position that I could reach (although it was quite a stretch).
...5 seconds after returning Froggy to her owner, Bunny intentionally fell to the floor. Again, it was in a location that I could reach (still quite a stretch and getting a little dangerous).
...5 seconds after returning Bunny to her owner, both Bunny and Froggy intentionally fell to the floor. Again, both were in a location that I could stretch (to the max!) and reach, but I instead focused on driving and left them to enjoy the rest of the ride with all the cracker crumbs that are accumulating on the floor.
...20 minutes later I have pulled most of my hair out and turned the radio up as loud as I thought my passengers could safely handle. Constant yelling for "B" and "Fwaggy" along with fake and real cries were getting to me (we still had 40 minutes to go) so I finally reached back (when I thought the other drivers on the road were safe enough from my erratic driving) and threw Bunny and Froggy to their respective owners. Little Pie clutched Bunny as if she was never going to let her go, but poor Little Bird isn't as good at catching and Froggy went flying over to the OTHER side of her seat.
We were in trouble now. Seeing that Little Pie's Bunny was safe and sound, Little Bird let out a cry to let me know she wasn't happy (she must think it was a poor toss on my part...hmmmm). So I pulled off the highway, into a McDonald's parking lot and unhappily retrieved Froggy for her. She nervously laughed as I closed the door and got back into the car. The next 10 minutes was pure silence. YES! Mommy wins! But then...
...the rest of the ride consisted of real and fake cries, screams by Little Pie whenever the rays of sun touched any part of her body, a play by play of all the cars, trucks and big trucks that went by, more screaming whenever the rays of sun touched Little Pie, "singing", screaming for Baby (who had now fallen to the floor), moans and groans and finally screams whenever the rays of sun touched any part of Little Pie's body. Ack!
Fortunately Daddy had just gotten home when we pulled into the driveway so all of sudden both girls were HAPPY as can be.
Mommy is happy too now...thanks to the big glass of wine. :)

What a couple of crazies!!!! They sure had us fooled here in Faribault. Glad your radio works. Kiss, kiss.............
ReplyDelete