Wednesday, August 18, 2010

little blue truck



The girls have been in love with Little Blue Truck for about 2 months now. We stumbled upon it at the library when we were looking for truck books for Little Bird. She immediately took a liking to it before we even opened it up to read! When we did finally read it, both girls listened intently to the sweet message. It's the only book we read before bedtime! We've also exhausted our library renewals so I went out and purchased the book. :)

The girls love the pictures and the animal sounds we get to make. It is so fun for me to read too! Little Pie looks at me with a questionable expression when I change my voice to reflect the dump truck character. (She's already embarrassed of me!) Little Pie also pretty much has it memorized. If I pause while reading, she'll fill in the missing word(s).
Of course one of the animals in the book is a toad but we had to replace it with frog since the girls don't seem to understand the similarity of those animals. For example, towards the end of the book:

They couldn't quite budge
that heavy load.
Then who hopped up 
but the big green toad.
was changed to...

They couldn't quite budge
that heavy log.
Then who hopped up
but the big green FROG.
Note:  Both girls scream FROG with all their might!

I love it when I find great books!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you found the book. I love your poetic ability. Good Job!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete