Wednesday, March 16, 2011

fun with h&m

Today H&M came to play ... without their mama! She had to see a client today, so it was just me and the  four kids. Everyone had a blast!

At first we did the usual play with toys upstairs. That only lasts about 5 minutes before everyone wants to go downstairs and play. Today each kid wanted me to carry them down the stairs, so I got my exercise in going up and down 4 times! They must have thought I looked like I needed a work out...

We played with blocks...

Everyone was very into their towers...

When it was decided that everyone wanted to go upstairs, we started cleaning up the blocks only to find that one block was missing. I seriously couldn't find it and all of the kids were SO into looking for it. I think they thought I was teasing them that I didn't know where it was, but I honestly couldn't find it. That got them more interested in finding it and they were all going crazy looking around. Little Bird concluded that "maybe it is lost". I almost gave up, but finally H saw a piece of it sticking out from under the rocking horse. Everyone was so proud that the block was finally found!

We went upstairs to play Little Bird and Little Pie's favorite "game". I hide circles, squares, rectangles and triangles around the house and they have to find all of them. The best part of the game is when I tell them they have to sit down on the kitchen floor and not move while I go hide the shapes.
Nobody move!!!
All of them thought it was really fun to run around and look for shapes.
So much excitement!
After all of that work it was time for a snack. Everyone picked out a chair at the table (without a fight!) and we enjoyed a snack. We also got a little coloring in too.


The kids had a great time together (as they always do!) and I was really impressed with how well it went. Very few arguments and no meltdowns. I had a great time and while it was only a couple of hours, it gave me a glimpse into the world of an at home daycare provider and I can say for certain that those people are saints!

----

After H&M left, Grandma stopped by for a quick visit before she returns to AZ tomorrow. We met Uncle Rye for lunch at Broadway Pizza. The girls had a blast.

Grandma brought the girls some goodies from her trip to Hawaii...new Crocs (yellow and pink!), t-shirts and super cute Hawaiian dresses. Can't wait for summer to put those to use!

Little Pie was very tired so she went down for a nap and Little Bird played quietly in her bed. I'm so happy with our new arrangement. I think we made the best decision at the best time!




No comments:

Post a Comment