Monday, March 7, 2011

future gopher

Lately the girls have started calling me by my first name. I think they just realized that other people don't refer to me as "Mommy". 

One night at dinner, Little Bird called me by name so I thought I'd take the opportunity to go through our household "stats". They girls already know their first, middle and last name (although Little Pie sometimes thinks her middle name is the same as Little Bird's), so we talked about mommy and daddy's first names. 

Then we started talking about where we live. 

Then the request to spell everyone's name was made, so I obliged.

Then the request to spell Minnesota was made, so I obliged.

After I spelled out M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A, I thought it might be fun to sing the MN rouser.

The girls LOVED it and started clapping along. 

The next night at dinner, we had to sing again.

It only took a few nights before Little Pie had the song down! Go Gophers!


1 comment: