Wednesday, January 5, 2011

books

The girls continue to love books. And like toddlers are with every other aspect in their lives, they go through streaks where they are totally OBSESSED with reading and streaks where they could care less.

Right now they are OBSESSED. The last time we went to the library we checked out 9 books. For the last week they have needed to read ALL NINE books before they go down for a nap. Plus a few of their new books they got for Christmas. It has taken at least 45 minutes to get through the books. Typically after I read through one of the books, Little Pie has to "read" it too. She actually does an amazing job and says phrases verbatim from the appropriate pages. It's hilarious to listen to her.

Today we went back to the library because I was getting quite sick of the books and one of them had to be returned because it was on a wait list. The girls were pretty excited to get some new ones too. Little Bird had to get another Clifford Big Dog book. I don't mean to sound like a snot, but I don't like those books. They are just plain dumb. But the girls love them, so I check them out reluctantly. Little Bird found a Clifford book right away and then just had to find another Clifford book. She managed to find 3 books...2 we had already checked out in the past. Ugh.

Little Pie doesn't care what books we check out just as long as we get books.

On our way out of the door, I put the two Clifford books that we had already read back on the shelf.

Tonight before bed, Little Bird needed to read Clifford. We read the one book and then she went to find the other two. It took me about 10 minutes to convince her that we only had one in the house. (I feel pretty bad but am still glad there is only one Clifford book in the house). 

She finally accepted that we had already read the one and only Clifford book so we were able to move on to the Grande Finale of our bed time book routine, Rainbow Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment