Monday, January 17, 2011

little gym awards

Today was our last day of Little Gym for the fall session. The day went pretty much the same, except we did a small awards ceremony at the end.

I continue to be amazed at how much the girls have improved since we first attended LG back in June. They have even improved so much since the beginning of this session in September. They are so brave and willing to try everything. They aren't scared of anything (most of the time!) and have SO MUCH fun each and every time we are there. 

We are all looking forward to starting the spring session next week!!

The girls used to dislike the air track. I think they were scared of the loud noise. But now you can't get them off of it! They love to jump all over the place!

Little Pie was feeling generous today and wanted to help Miss Amy put away the air track.
The girls continue to love the bars. They like to hang and do a backwards flip. They are quite good. Today they even hung from the really high bar! (I couldn't get a picture because I was spotting them!)
At the end of the session, we had a small awards ceremony. All of the kids were quite confused about what was going on, but they were all so cooperative. Each child got to stand on the "podium" and get a medal. Some chose not to do it, but most did!

Little Pie had no problem getting up on the podium, but once she was there, she didn't really enjoy it. When she got down, she went to give Miss Amy the medal back! Little Bird loved being on the podium. She acted all shy, but I know she loved that people were clapping for her. She was beaming on the inside. Only 5 out of the 12 kids were willing to pose for a group shot. Little Bird joined in, but Little Pie refused!
We can't wait to continue with Little Gym!

1 comment:

  1. Cutest thing ever!! I am so sad because after we checked into the cost...we just decided we can't swing it right now. If we were not in the process of getting ready to move maybe it would be possible. And, I'm hoping to find something like this in Seattle because it looks amazing!! And, for sure, when we get back!! Lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete