Finally! A post about our Christmas! It's been a long week with lots of travel and sickness, so I haven't had time to post until now.
On the 23rd we headed to Nana and Papa's house. We wanted to make sure to beat the snow storm and to be in town in time to see baby Joel who was back for his first trip to MN. We had lots of time to goof around with Nana and Papa and Uncle Drew. We also got to play out in the mountains of snow in their backyard.
| Getting read to "slide". |
| Little Pie loved the snow. |
| That's a lot of snow! |
| Sliding with Daddy. |
| Fun times! |
| Little Pie adventuring off on her own for a while. |
| Little Pie had a great time "falling" into the snow and then asking for help to get up. |
| Help, I've fallen and I can't get up! |
We were having a great time until Daddy decided to throw a snowball at me when I wasn't looking. I saw it coming out of the corner of my eye and tried to get out of the way but instead tripped on the ice on the patio. I fell hard and started yelling and scared Little Bird. She screamed and cried like crazy. We were done playing in the snow.
On Christmas Eve morning we went to visit baby Joel who was in town for his first visit. He was so cute and such a sweet baby. The girls liked seeing him, but also had fun playing with Sam and big Joel.
| J, J and baby J. |
Later that evening we went to church. Nana and Gramcracker sang in the choir so they were sitting together in the first few pews. We sat behind Auntie B, Big Joel and Sam. The girls were super silly at church. They don't quite get the whole being quiet business. They would say to each other "what's going on Sophie? what's going on?". When the choir got up to sing, Little Bird yelled "Gramcracker!". They spent most of the service asking for goldfish and water. It was quite hard keeping them quiet!
On Christmas morning we got up to open presents from Santa. I asked the girls if they wanted to open presents from Santa. Little Bird was excited but Little Pie didn't want anything to do with it. I think it's because she really doesn't like Santa now, so she didn't want anything to do with him, even opening presents. I had to open all of her presents for her, but Little Bird opened most of her own. Everyone got lots of great stuff!
| New helmet from Uncle Drew. Wow! |
| Very serious about safety. |
| Little Pie rocking her helmet. |
| New monkey backpack from Nana and Papa! Little Pie got a bunny. |
After presents we got ready and went to Magra and Boompa's house for brunch. The adults ate well, but the girls didn't. They had fun playing though. We brought colors over and they did pretty well considering it was getting into nap time. We headed back to Nana and Papa's for a nap and relaxed for the afternoon.
That evening baby Luke came to visit with his family. It was fun to see everyone and to see how big Luke is getting. He will soon be one! The girls like to talk about Luke so they had fun seeing him. It was hilarious because they started crawling around like he does. It was funny to see two "big" girls crawling around with the little guy.
| Sweet baby Luke. |
It was a very full few days. The girls didn't nap well and had some trouble sleeping on Christmas night. We headed home on the 26th and they took a good nap in their own bed. Daddy and I took the Christmas tree down and tried to clean up and organize all the new toys. We were heading to Fargo the next day so I wanted things to be somewhat clean when we got home.
On Monday morning we went to Little Gym. Daddy got to come and see how the girls have improved over the past few months. He was really impressed with their skills. They have gotten pretty good!
After Little Gym we headed straight to Fargo. It was a longer trip since since we headed from Little Gym and stopped for lunch, but the girls did pretty well. Little Bird had had a cough for a few days and it was getting worse. Little Pie slept a little in the car, but Little Bird did not.
When we got to Fargo, we opened some more great presents. I was starting to think the girls will expect presents everywhere they go since it seems like we are always opening presents (we still have one more exchange!). The girls went to bed early, but I could tell Little Bird wasn't feeling well. Good thing we brought the nebulizer because she needed it that night. The next morning Little Pie woke up sick too. Little Bird seemed better but Little Pie ended up with a fever. I think they both had the croup because they had the worst barky cough. Daddy and I still managed to go out for lunch and a little shopping with the girls cuddled with Gramma. It ended up being a rough night because I got sick too. It's hard to take care of little ones when you are sick yourself. We needed to get up and go the next morning because Fargo was embracing for a huge storm that was to last a few days. We managed to get out before the storm and get home to our beds. It was a quick trip and we feel bad that we were sick, but it's still nice to see family.
We spent the next two days in our jammies. We canceled New Year's Eve and New Year's Day plans because it just seemed like we couldn't kick these colds. Daddy seemed to have avoided the sickness...for now.
What a whirlwind week!
No comments:
Post a Comment