Little Pie loves her Violet...or as she would say, "bilet". I'm not sure when she started to love her so much (she's had her for over a year); but for several months now, Violet goes wherever Little Pie and bunny go.
Little Pie typically lays her bunny over the top of Violet and then snuggles with them both, thumb in her mouth. When she sleeps, she lays her head on Violet and bunny like they are a pillow. When she snuggles with mommy or daddy, Violet is there too.
And when Little Pie throws up in her bed, Violet is there. Unfortunately Violet took a nasty hit last night around 10:30. I rushed in the girls room to the sound of screaming and puking and pulled Little Pie out of her bed and straight to the bathroom. Unfortunately I was too late; Violet was a casualty. Daddy rushed in to start the process of cleaning up so that Little Pie could go back to bed. While I was trying to clean up Little Pie in the bathroom she voiced her concerns for bunny and Violet through her sobs. I told her they needed a bath. It took her quite a bit of hugs and snuggles as well as a reading of a book before she was ready to go back to bed.
Unfortunately Violet was in no condition to go back to bed. I was actually surprised (but very relieved) that Little Pie agreed to go back to sleep with only her "old bunny". Daddy was working really hard to scrub Violet clean, but no matter how much we scrubbed her, the smell just wouldn't go away. So at 11 pm, Daddy went to WalMart to find a new Violet. (I think he was feeling guilty that he was leaving town again for the week). Unfortunately there wasn't one to be found. So back to scrubbing we went.
Violet dried over night and is now crusty from the soap/detergent and still not smelling pretty. Little Pie doesn't notice one bit. She is just happy to have her Violet. I still think we will replace her when we can get out to Target.
Oh, it's snowing again. Our plans to have Auntie B and Sam over to play were canceled because the roads were too bad. Little Pie hasn't been sick again, but now her nose is runny/stuffy.
We are just having a low key day...
| Little Pie with bunny and "bilet". |
No comments:
Post a Comment