Tuesday, January 3, 2012

individual play time

Today seemed like a perfect day to begin implementing the Individual Play Time strategy I have been planning. 

After our reading time, I told the girls that now it was time to head to their rooms to play. By themselves. "Why?" they both asked. I replied (in a very exciting tone) that it might be fun to see what it's like to play with toys in their rooms. 

I mentioned that their owls would turn green when IPT (I really said play time) was over and that they could come out of their rooms if they chose. 

After an hour (and it was a glorious hour!), I heard Little Bird open her door and tell me that her owl was green. I was in the middle of something that I really wanted to finish so I just replied "great! did you have fun?". I didn't get a response but just heard her go back to playing in her room.

I started to become curious that I hadn't heard Little Pie yet. It's not like her to not scream at the top of her lungs that her owl had turned green. I sneaked upstairs to try and get a glimpse of what was going on.

Little Bird was BUSY.



But Little Pie's door was closed and when I quietly opened it, I found this:


A nap!?!?! I LOVE my new IPT idea!

2 comments:

  1. JUST catching up on all your posts. You continue to inspire me with all your amazing ideas. Thank you!!! I think I may need to email you sometime soon for more details on a few things. In just these last posts your girls are looking so much older to me!! Perhaps it's because I haven't checked in for awhile, but wow -- such big girls. Sounds like so much fun in store for your upcoming year. I'm going to continue to need ideas as we settle in with a new baby. I'm bracing myself! Happy New Year - you guys all look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh what a great idea...and what is this owl thingy? An alarm clock of sorts? I'm not up to the IPT age with my girls yet, but I can't wait. LOL ... have any ideas on how to entertain both of them at the stage where they can't sit up, or grab anything yet? I plop them in front of the tv here and there and on their play mat, and I have individual interaction time with them, but all those other hours of the day... what to do?! lol
    June @ www.becauseofmatch.com

    ReplyDelete