Oops. I haven't posted in a while. It's not that nothing exciting is going on here, I just haven't written it down yet. I may have to start a "weekly wrap up" post to ensure I get everything I want to written down.
I haven't taken too many pictures and I'm sort of upset about that. But now that we have returned to our regularly scheduled winter (highs in the single digits, people!), we spend most of our time inside where it's hard to get good lighting and thus, good shots. I need to practice more though because this will be our life for the next couple of months.
Here's the wrap up:
Sunday: Now that the girls have started swimming lessons, they want to swim all the time. The four of us had a BLAST at the pool. Both girls are so much more adventurous than they were last year. In fact, while helping Little Bird "swim" in the deep end, she told me to let go of her because she wanted to do it herself. I did for a moment and when she resurfaced, she said, "mom, you help me just a little bit". Both girls jumped in off the edge about 253 times, Rob and I "raced" with them on our backs and Little Bird made 4 trips to the potty. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!
Monday: Little Pie is IN LOVE with the Fresh Beat Band. I finally downloaded three of their songs and she insists on playing them all.the.time. We have daily dance parties and I sing them in my sleep because I've heard them 3529 times during the day. I can't turn the car off until the songs are over. On Monday she asked if I would take her to see the Fresh Beat Band (they are in fact coming to St. Paul on March 1). I completely broke her heart when I told her we will be in Arizona when they come here. It felt like I was looking at her 13 year old self and I just told her she couldn't see the equivalent of the New Kids on the Block.
Tuesday: Most Tuesdays we go watch Taylor's basketball games. Little Pie continues to be scared of the buzzer. She is just a bundle of nerves and holds her tummy in anticipation of the sudden noise of the buzzer. On this particular Tuesday, Uncle Chuck bought the girls a bag of popcorn which helped Little Pie distract herself from that darn buzzer. After most of the popcorn was consumed, Little Pie took a spot on Terbear's lap and Little Bird a spot on mine. Until she realized there was nobody to sit on Chuck's lap. She promptly got off mine and went over to sit on his and talk his ear off for the next 10 minutes. The girls are really starting to "get" the game although they think Taylor scores every time the ball goes in on their end. They are even starting to yell "rebound!" and "defense!" appropriately. And when the game is over, Little Pie cannot leave the gym until she gives Taylor a high five.
Wednesday: We have been making a little bit of progress in terms of Little Pie using the toilet for all outputs. I've come to realize that she has a difficult time relaxing when it's time to go, even with her daily dose of Miralax. So I set up her own private "poop station". I thought about where she is most relaxed - in her room, with her music on, her bunny in hand and her thumb in her mouth. So if I was able to catch her before an accident occurred, I calmly brought her to her room, sat her on her potty, turned on her music and left the room. I told her she could yell as loud as she wanted when she completed her duty. (ha ha duty/dooty!). And to my surprise, it worked!!!!!!!! Of course, I can't get my hopes up because she still won't do it every time, but she is trying and getting some results. And on Wednesday, to my even greater surprise, she used the toilet at H&M's house!! (however, we took about 8 trips there to get the job done, but nonetheless we had success!). After I just typed this, as the girls are playing dollhouse next to me, Little Pie just had an accident. sigh.
Thursday: We had tickets to see Llama Llama Red Pajama at Stages Theater. Our plan was to meet Nana for a little lunch and head to the show afterwards. The girls were excited because they love the Llama Llama books and they remembered how much fun we had seeing the Peef show. Unfortunately Little Bird woke up feeling terrible. She had a fever and vomited once. I called Nana and our plan was to have her come stay with Little Bird while I took Little Pie to the show (of course you can only exchange tickets 24 hours in advance). Little Bird was so sad. She tried to convince me and herself that she could go to the show too, but it just wasn't going to work. She stayed back and chatted Nana's ear off until she just became so exhausted. Little Pie loved the show and was excited to "meet" the cast afterwards. While Little Bird was so disappointed she missed the show, she is excited to see Giggle Giggle Quack in March.
Friday: I'm sick. Little Bird is better and the two girls have been playing really well, while I try and take it easy. We had to cancel our plans to go to Skyzone with H&M AGAIN. But it's only 9 degrees outside and I'm sort of OK with not having to bundle up to go anywhere. In fact, the girls are all bundled up in their new, totally rad leg warmers that Nana made for them. I'm so excited about these! In fact, Little Bird totally loves them and wanted to wear them over her jammies last night. Nana made them two pair, but I couldn't convince them put on the other ones for a picture because according to Little Bird, "these match my outfit perfectly."
And that was our week!
No comments:
Post a Comment