Recently, Little Pie has insisted that she take a book to bed with her. She typically chooses Goodnight Moon since it's usually the last book we read together before bed. I do not object since I don't want to convey that books are not important enough to sleep with. I mean, who hasn't fallen asleep with a book in their hands before?
After we put the girls to bed, we can hear Little Pie reading to herself (by nightlight) for about 20 minutes. This is so much better than the jumping and squealing that she used to do.
There is one downside to letting Little Pie take a book to bed. It is waking up at 3 AM to her giggles and squeals as she picks up her book for just one more read. She is so excited about reading, but seriously? 3AM?
I'm of course afraid she is going to wake Little Bird (who would be really mad) so I stand outside her door waiting for her to say, "Goodnight stars, good night air. Goodnight noises everywhere." and then of course cheer for herself. Then I sneak in there and tell her it's time to go night night. She typically gives up the book without a protest, but she talks to herself (or maybe to Violet?) about it for a few minutes before falling back to sleep. She is just so darn excited about her books!
It is completely adorable and sweet and precious, but I sort of wouldn't mind if it stopped or at least didn't occur every night.
No comments:
Post a Comment