Tuesday, October 5, 2010

first swimming lessons!


The girls had their first swimming lesson on Monday evening. We weren't sure how it was going to go since it's at 6:45pm which is about the time we start getting ready for bed. But since it's a short lesson, we figured that we could do it and still get the girls in bed by 8.

It's a parent/child class so both Mommy and Daddy get to go in the water. :) BFF and her daddy are also in our class so it makes it really fun! 

We started talking about going swimming during supper, and Little Pie could hardly wait to be done eating and get her suit on. She talked and talked and talked about how she was going swimming. She was so excited! When we got to the pool, we had to wait until class started and it was all Daddy and I could do to keep the girls from jumping in the water. 

But then, it was time to get in and all of a sudden nobody wanted to get in! The water was FREEZING so I can understand how it wasn't very inviting. However, the girls didn't really get over the cold and had a really hard time doing what the instructor wanted us to do. Little Bird clung to me so tight and shivered like crazy. It wasn't until the last minutes of the lesson that she let go of her death grip and kicked her legs to go after the Froggy toy (thanks to BFF for trading her frog for our duck!). 

As we were getting out of the pool, Little Pie started yelling "more swimming!" and Daddy again had to work hard to keep her from jumping in the pool. 

As we were driving home and the girls were all cozy in their jammies and ready for bed, they excitedly talked about swimming. I really hope that they really do want to go back next week. We may have to have  to practice some cold baths before then!







2 comments:

  1. Yipee!!!! I'm glad to hear that swimming went well. Why are those pools so cold??? I can just hear Little Pie talking about going in the water. I hope next week goes well, too. Who took pictures? They are wonderful. I can see Little Bird's death grip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Great job!! We've talked about lessons, but wasn't sure when. This helps! I hate that the water is so cold...makes no sense to me! Little babies need a warm pool!! Glad to hear your girls are feeling better ... last week sounded tough.

    ReplyDelete