Tuesday, June 15, 2010

delights and duds

I've realized that sometimes I have trouble writing a good entry on this blog. I think it's because I'm a left brained person (and not that great of a writer) so I need some sort of organization to my thoughts. So since our days are full of ups and downs, I thought I would categorize my blog entries that way. Each entry should/will have the delights of the day as well as the duds of the day. (I guess I could just call them ups and downs, but delights and duds is a little more catchy?!?) Hopefully the entries have more delights than duds! Here it goes...

Delight: We had our first class at The Little Gym this morning. (I almost forgot about it, but good thing I remembered or it might have been a big dud!). Anyway, we had a SPECTACULAR time! The class is called Little Beasts and it is meant for children 18 mos. to 3 years. Most of the kids were 2 1/2 and under. There were two other sets of twins there including our good friends H&M. Little Bird was pretty apprehensive at first. She didn't quite understand where we were and what we were doing. It was a little chaotic too with all the kids and moms trying to get ready for class. However, when she saw her good friend H walk in the door both she and he got the biggest smiles on their faces and excitedly waved hello to each other (it seriously was the cutest thing ever!). Little Bird was a little more comfortable after that because she knew not only Little Pie was there with her, but so were her friends. 
The class started off with some introductions, a couple of songs and some circle activities. The circle activities were quite intense and we had a bit of a hard time keeping up. Little Bird was scared of the hubbub and Little Pie was looking around in amazement and bewilderment. After circle time, we had some free time to explore all of the gym equipment. There were lots of big mats to jump, run and tumble on. There are uneven bars and balance beams too. Ms. Deb (the instructor) showed us how we could use the equipment. Little Bird had a great time running across the big mats and then jumping off onto the floor. She didn't want me to help her at all! Little Pie had a great time following Ms. Deb around. She even tried the balance beam! We ended the class with some more songs and of course BUBBLES! Both Little Pie and Little Bird were both shouting "more bubbles!". I think we'll have an even greater time next week!
Getting ready for Little Gym

Getting some stretches in before we go.

As you can see, someone is still working on those teeth.

Someone is really excited!

Delight: Lucy is back! The other day Little Bird found her old friend Lucy. Lucy is a little dolly that Little Bird used to carry around ALL of the time when she was about 7-12 months old. When she was first learning to scoot along the floor (army crawl), she would drag Lucy with. Lucy was in her tight little grip every day all day. She had to take it every where she went. For some reason when she finally starting to walk, she decided she didn't need Lucy as a constant companion. But now Little Bird has rediscovered her old pal and takes her around the house and to sleep with her. (She has trouble saying Lucy so she just calls her Baby).
Little Bird and her new/old pal Baby/Lucy

Little Bird and Lucy back in August 2009 (9 months old)

Little Bird and Grams with Lucy (9 months old)

Little Bird with Gramcracker and (of course) Lucy! (10 months old)

Dud:  Sleep wasn't the greatest last night or today. Little Pie woke up around midnight last night and we aren't sure why, but she couldn't go back to sleep. We are never sure if it's her molars again or if it's a bad dream. I tried rubbing her belly and singing to her but she was concentrating on my singing too much and not trying to fall asleep. Finally after about 25 minutes of her just staring at me and saying "yeah" every time the song was done, I got up and said it was time to go to sleep and I left the room. She protested a little bit, but eventually fell back to sleep. Today she didn't take a great nap (it took her an hour to fall asleep). Little Bird didn't take a great nap either (those darn teeth!!!!). Both are having trouble falling asleep tonight too. What to do??

Looking forward to tomorrow...it's supposed to be a gorgeous day (a Delight I'm sure)!

No comments:

Post a Comment